N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund
Before applying for the N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund either in person or online, you should complete the eligibility questionaire. You may be eligible if:
- you own the home, the home is in North Carolina, and the home is your primary residence.
- you currently owe no more than $300,000 on all your mortgages. Check with your lender to find out your balance
- you have lost your job or experienced a reduction in income through no fault of your own, or are facing a temporary financial hardship such as a divorce, serious illness, or death of a co-signer and need to find new employment.
- you experienced your job loss or temporary financial hardship or were honorably discharged from the military after January 1, 2008.
- you have an acceptable mortgage payment history prior to your recent unemployment or income loss.
- you demonstrate an ability to resume your mortgage payment once assistance ends.
- you are a legal U.S. resident.
In addition to these eligibility requirements, the Agency will consider other factors when approving applicants for the N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund.
Find out if you are eligible to apply for the N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund.
State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project
If you are facing foreclosure for any reason and you have received a 45-day, pre-foreclosure notice, you may be eligible for assistance from the State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project. There are no credit restrictions for this help. If you have received a foreclosure help letter from the N.C. Housing Finance Agency, call 1-888-442-8188.